Hereby we inform our respected clients that the Hungarian Government declared State of Danger, foreign nationals are not allowed to enter Hungary, therefore, our Embassy can not accept any kind of Visa or Residence Permit applications until further notice!
The Embassy of Hungary informs you, that from 1st of May 2019 the method of collecting visa/residence permit applications or other consular affairs will be changed. Please be informed, that we are not able to accept any application through courier after 23rd of April.
If you want to apply for any visa/residence permit application or for other consular affair, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We shall reply you soon with a booked appointment.
Please note that for general information/correspondence use email@example.com
At your appointment you can submit your application personally. Personal appearance for submission is required! In VISA cases your biometric identification marks will be recorded based on the 13. Article of Regulation EC 810/2009 (Common Visa Code), if it is necessary.
According to the 9. Article of Regulation EC 810/2009; ‘Applications shall be lodged no more than 3 months before the start of the intended visit.’ Please note that Schengen Visa process takes 15 calendar days after the submission’; so plan carefully your travel date concerning the regulations.
Consular charges must be payable in a dedicated branches of Standard Chartered Bank just after the submission with a special deposit slip, provided by the Visa Officer. Please do not arrange any payment before receiving the deposit slip!
- VISA/RESIDENCE PERMIT SERVICES
Working hours of the Consular Section of the Hungarian Embassy in Islamabad – appointments will be provided for this period:
- Monday-Thursday 09.00am to 16.00pm
Pakistani nationals, as well as third country nationals legally residing in Pakistan, and other nationals, in case their country of origin have no visa waiver agreement with Hungary, have right to apply for a Visa to Hungary at our Embassy.
We kindly inform all visitors that on the basis of bilateral agreements, the Hungarian Consular Section in Islamabad issues short term “C”-type Schengen visa representing Lithuania and Estonia, for citizens residing in Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Citizens of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan holding an ordinary (non-diplomatic, non-service) passport may also apply for visa at the Embassy of Hungary in Islamabad.
In case of application for long-term “D” national visa to Lithuania or Estonia, please turn to the closest Lithuanian/Estonian Embassy directly.
Please note that the Embassy will send out the decision with your Passport and original documents as soon as the process has finished. Due to this fact, we are requesting you not to inquire by phone or email, as well as you don’t need to visit the Embassy personally for collecting your documents.
1.) “C”-type, short term (less than 90 days) Schengen Visa applications
Schengen States issue uniform visa for short stay visit not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period. The Schengen visa may be issued for:
- single entry (as a rule for the 1st time visitors of the Schengen area)
- two entries
- multiple entry visa in case the applicant proves the need or justifies the intention to travel frequently to Hungary (or Lithuania/Estonia) as well as proves his/her integrity and reliability, in particular the lawful use of previous Schengen visas, etc. (as per Schengen Visa Code, Article 24).
If your travel destination is only Hungary, - or in case Lithuania/Estonia -, the Hungarian Embassy in Islamabad is the competent authority to process your application. If your travel destination includes more than one Schengen Member State, your application must be proceeded by the Embassy/Consulate of your main destination. For detailed competency regulations please check the Article 5 and 6 of Common Visa Code.
The following criteria may help you to decide whether you should submit your visa application at the Hungarian Embassy or not:
- Hungary (or Lithuania/Estonia) is the sole destination of your visit(s);
- If the visit includes more than one destination, Hungary (or Lithuania or Estonia) whose territory constitutes the main destination of the visit(s) in terms of the length or purpose of stay;
- If you cannot determine which is your main destination – same staying duration in each country - , but Hungary or Lithuania or Estonia is the first Schengen State you wish to enter.
Schengen visa application form may be downloaded HERE
For the list of required documents by purpose please click HERE
List of Insurance companies downloaded HERE
2.) “D” type, long term (planned stay exceeds 90 days) Residence Permit applications
For information on long-term “visa” (residence permit) types and requirements, please kindly visit the site of Immigration and Asylum Office of Hungary: http://www.bmbah.hu/index.php?lang=en
“D” type long term application forms by purpose may be downloaded HERE
For the list of required documents by purpose please click HERE
3.) Visa and residence permit for family members of EEA citizens
- If you are a family member of an EEA citizen except family member of Hungarian citizen (spouse, child or dependent parent) you may apply for a short term “C” visa with simplified conditions, and if you are travelling along with the EEA citizen or join to him/her in Hungary, Lithuania or Estonia.
For the list of required documents, please click HERE - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- If you are a family member of a Hungarian citizen (spouse, child or dependent parent) and the traveling purpose is family reunification, you may apply for a long term “D” visa (residence permit).
- If you are a family member of a Hungarian citizen (spouse, child or dependent parent) and the traveling purpose is only short visit of your Hungarian relatives in Hungary, you may apply for a “C” short-term Schengen visa.
For the list of required documents please click HERE
Appeals can be made at the Hungarian Embassy in Islamabad within 8 calendar days after the date of receiving the refusal decision; Please note, that personal presence is required for submit any appeal. Appeal fee in PKR must be paid only with a special deposit slip provided by the Visa Officer. Your appeal is accepted only if once you paid the fee. You will get the exact information about the payment if you appear at the embassy. Please acknowledge that the payment should be done within the mentioned time period (8 calendar days), otherwise your appeal won’t be accepted. The processing appeal time in ‘C’ (Schengen) visa case is 15, in ‘D’ (residence permit) visa case is 21 calendar days.
Previous refusal has no legal impact on your future visa applications!
Working hours for submission of an appeal:
II. General Consular Services
Please note that this Embassy does not perform diplomatic attestation (legalization) on documents issued in Pakistan and Afghanistan since November 2010.
Please note that a prior appointment has to be booked by email for any consular affair: firstname.lastname@example.org (English, Hungarian).
- Registration of birth, marriage and death, voluntary acknowledgement of paternity:
- Attestation of signature, copy, translation, etc.
- Registration of Hungarian Citizenship (Naturalization, Simplified Naturalization, Citizenship verification)
- Obtain documents from Hungary (Birth Certificate, Police Clarence Certificate, Certificate on family status)
- Declaration of stay abroad
- Passport cases
- Any other consular case
For detailed information about the General Consular Cases and the documents to be submitted please, consult the Consular Services website.
Schengen visa fee above the age of 12: 13.774 PKR
Schengen visa fee between age of 6-12: 6.887 PKR
Appeal fee (Schengen visa): 5.165 PKR
Fee of ’D’ (national) residence permit: 10.330 PKR
Appeal fee (’D’ visa): 3.444 PKR
Attestation of signature: 5.165 PKR
Attestation of copy: 3.444 PKR
Attestation of translation into Hungarian language: 6.026 PKR
Attestation of translation into foreign language: 7.748 PKR
Emergency Travel Document 5.165 PKR
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY PAYMENT WITHOUT RECEIVING YOUR SPECIAL DEPOSIT SLIP FROM THE EMBASSY!
Reservation.isl EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT WORKING FOR QUERIES AND QUESTIONS ABOUT VISA ISSUES, IT IS OPERATING ONLY FOR BOOK APPOINTMENT
IN CASE OF ANY URGENT MATTER, WE KINDLY ASK YOU TO COMMUNICATE WITH OUR OFFICERS BY EMAIL ON email@example.com AS WE ARE NOT ABLE TO GIVE YOU VISA INFORMATION BY PHONE OR BY EMAIL!
Authorized Standard Chartered branches where you can pay the consular fees:
- Islamabad, Plot No.19a F-7 Markaz Branch (Bestway Building)
- Karachi, Plot No. G-13/3 Block-9, Kehkhsan, Clifton, Khayaban-E-Jami, Schon Circle Branch
- Lahore, Tufail Road Cantt, Scb Tufail Road
- Multan, Bosan Road, Multan Branch
- Quetta, P.O. Box 6, Survey No.380 & 382, Muhammad Ali Jinnah Road, Scb Quetta
- Peshawar, 35, Shahrah-E-Quaid-E-Azam, Scb Peshawar