Please read carefully this short information sheet before you submit your visa application!
The Embassy of Hungary informs you that from 21st of January 2019 the method of payment of all consular fees including visa fees will be changed. From this day, we accept the fees only in Pakistani Rupees through the following branches of Standard Chartered Bank.
- ISLAMABAD, PLOT No.19A F-7 MARKAZ BRANCH (BESTWAY BUILDING)
- KARACHI, PLOT No. G-13/3 Block-9, KEHKHSAN, CLIFTON, KHAYABAN-E-JAMI, SCHON CIRCLE BRANCH
- LAHORE, TUFAIL ROAD CANTT, SCB TUFAIL ROAD
- MULTAN, BOSAN ROAD, MULTAN BRANCH
- QUETTA, P.O. BOX 6, SURVEY NO.380 & 382, MUHAMMAD ALI JINNAH ROAD, SCB QUETTA
- PESHAWAR, 35, SHAHRAH-E-QUAID-E-AZAM, SCB PESHAWAR
Please follow the steps below:
- You can either submit your visa application personally at the embassy during submission time (Monday-Thursday 14:00-16:00) OR you can send it by courier (TCS Express Flyer).
You don’t need to pay any fee at the submission process.
YOU DON’T NEED TO BOOK ANY APPOINTMENT FOR THE SUBMISSION!
- After having registered your application, the Embassy will send you an email;
- informing you about the exact date of your personal interview
- attaching the ‘Deposit Slip Template’ with your data, reference number and the exact amount of the consular fee.
- Deposit the visa (consular) fee at the above mentioned Standard Chartered Bank. You need to pay the fees before you come for interview. Please note that you must pay the exact amount as on the Template; the Embassy does not take any responsibility in case of false payment (ie.: wrong amount, beneficiary account number, reference number, late payment, etc).
- Please consider that the Embassy will immediately notify you of the decision of your application so you do not need to inquire by phone or email. Thank you for your understanding.
IN CASE OF ANY URGENT MATTER, WE KINDLY ASK YOU TO COMMUNICATE WITH OUR OFFICERS BY EMAIL ON email@example.com
AS WE ARE NOT ABLE TO GIVE YOU VISA INFORMATION BY PHONE.
- VISA SERVICES
1.) Basic information and submission process for all types of visas
You may submit your application personally at the Consular Section of this Embassy, or via courier (TCS Express Flyer).
Working hours of the Consular Section of the Hungarian Embassy in Islamabad for submission:
- Monday-Thursday 14.00pm to 16.00pm
You don’t need to book any appointment for the submission, but we may call you for personal interview and for biometric data.
Pakistani nationals, as well as third country nationals legally residing in Pakistan, and other nationals, in case their country of origin has no visa waiver agreement with Hungary, have right to apply for a Visa to Hungary at our Embassy.
We kindly inform all visitors that on the basis of bilateral agreements, the Hungarian Consular Section in Islamabad issues short term “C”-type Schengen visa representing Lithuania and Estonia, for citizens residing in Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Citizens of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan holding an ordinary (non-diplomatic, non-service) passport may also apply for visa at the Embassy of Hungary in Islamabad.
In case of application for long term visit (“D” visa) to Lithuania or Estonia, please turn to the closest Lithuanian/Estonian Embassy directly.
2.) “C”-type, short term (less than 90 days) Schengen visa applications
Schengen States issue uniform visas for short stay visit not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period. The Schengen visa may be issued for a single entry (as a rule for the 1st time visitors of the Schengen area), for two entries, or as a multiple entry visa in case the applicant proves the need or justifies the intention to travel frequently to Hungary (or Lithuania or Estonia) as well as proves his/her integrity and reliability, in particular the lawful use of previous Schengen visas, etc. (as per Schengen Visa Code, Article 24).
If your travel destination is only Hungary, or – in case of a Pakistani citizen - Lithuania or Estonia -, the Hungarian Embassy in Islamabad will deal with your application. If your travel destination includes more than one Schengen Member State, your application must be proceeded by the Embassy/Consulate of your main destination.
The following criteria may help you to decide whether you should submit your visa application at the Hungarian Embassy:
- Hungary, (or Lithuania or Estonia) is the sole destination of your visit(s);
- Your visit to Schengen States includes more than one destination and Hungary (or Lithuania or Estonia) - is the main destination of the visit(s) in terms of the length or purpose of stay;
- If you cannot determine which is your main destination – same staying duration in each country - , but Hungary or Lithuania or Estonia is the first Schengen State you wish to enter.
Schengen visa application form may be downloaded HERE
For the list of required documents by purpose please click HERE
3.) “D” type, long term (planned stay exceeds 90 days) residence permit visa applications
For information on long term visa (residence permit) types and requirements is kindly asked to visit the site of Immigration and Asylum Office of Hungary.
“D” type long term application forms by purpose may be downloaded HERE
For the list of required documents by purpose please click HERE
4.) Visa and residence permit for family members of EEA citizens
If you are a family member of an EEA citizen (spouse, child or dependent parent) you may apply for a short term “C” visa with simplified conditions, if you are travelling along with the EEA citizen or join to him/her in Hungary, Lithuania or Estonia.
For the list of required documents please click HERE - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
If you are a family member of a Hungarian citizen (spouse, child or dependent parent) you may apply for a long term “D” visa (residence permit for family reunification).
For the list of required documents please click HERE
The appeal can be made at the Hungarian Embassy in Islamabad within 8 calendar days after receipt the refusal decision. Please note that personal presence is required for submit any appeal. Consular fee in PKR must be paid through bank transfer (see the bank information on the top). Your appeal is accepted only if once you paid the fee. You will get the exact information about the payment if you appear at the embassy. Please acknowledge that the payment should be transferred within the mentioned time period (8 calendar days), otherwise your appeal won’t be accepted. The processing appeal time in ‘C’ (Schengen) visa case is 15, in ‘D’ (residence permit ) visa case is 21 calendar days.
Previous refusal has no legal impact on your future visa applications!
Working hours for submission of an appeal:
Monday-Thursday 10:00-16:00, on Friday 10:00-12:00
II. General Consular Services
Please note that this Embassy does not perform diplomatic attestation documents issued in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Please note that a prior appointment has to be booked by email for any consular affair: firstname.lastname@example.org (English, Hungarian), except
- Collection of passports
- Collection of documents
Monday-Thursday 11:00-12:00, and 15:00:16:00pm
- Registration of birth, marriage and death, voluntary acknowledgement of paternity:
- Attestation of signature, copy, translation, etc.
- Registration of Hungarian Citizenship (Naturalization, Simplified Naturalization, Citizenship verification)
- Obtain documents from Hungary (Birth Certificate, Police Clarence Certificate, Certificate on family status)
- Declaration of stay abroad
- Passport cases
- Any other consular case
For detailed information about the General Consular Cases and the documents to be submitted please, consult the Consular Services website.
Schengen visa fee above the age of 18: 9.507 PKR
Schengen visa fee between age of 6-12: 5.546 PKR
Appeal fee (Schengen visa): 4.754 PKR
Fee of ’D’ (national) residence permit: 9.507 PKR
Appeal fee (’D’ visa): 3.169 PKR
Attestation of signature: 4.754 PKR
Attestation of copy: 3.169 PKR
Attestation of translation into Hungarian language: 5.546 PKR
Attestation of translation into foreign language: 7.130 PKR
Emergency Travel Document 4.754 PKR
DO NOT MAKE ANY PAYMENT WITHOUT RECEIVING YOUR REFERENCE NUMBER FROM THE EMBASSY!
For further inquiry, please turn to the Consular Section via email.